The GTL Condition Informatica transformation is used for the evaluation of complex conditional expressions specified in an external file.
Main benefits of Informatica transformation
- Simple definition of complex evaluation conditions.
- Administration of conditions in an external file enabling editing without interfering with the actual transformation.
- Implemented numerical arithmetic, operations for strings, date values and boolean values.
- The component’s language is easily extendable to include more user-defined functions.
- Up to 15% faster processing.
The logic of the expression evaluation is similar to the case expression of the SQL language with a slightly extended logic. Compared to the normal behaviour, one of three strategies for the generation of the resulting value can be defined:
- Use only the first completed branch.
- Use all completed branches.
- Use only the first completed branch and generate error in case of multiple completed branches.
Example of using the omponent in transformation